CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Our newest addition


This is a little late in coming, but I was kind of trying to wait for a nice sunny day to get some cute pictures. Well rain rain go away! We need to get the pasture dried out and cut to so we can get some horses out on it. Our newest addition arrived somewhere between midnight and 2 am on June 9th. Leland was working days so I was given the job of checking on Roxie every couple of hours, to make sure all was well with her baby. At midnight I went out and she was pacing and I thought, pretty good chance it will be tonight. Course I've thought that many times when I've checked on mares all night and a week later they still haven't had it :) So then I woke up around 2 am and went to check on her and lo and behold there was a little one stumbling around looking for some chi chi pie as Leland calls it. I ran in to tell Leland who's been so excited for the colt to come that he could hardly stand it. After running out in his underwear to find yes indeed I wasn't crying wolf this time. He decided to go get dressed and we spent awhile out there, making sure it was sucking and dried off enough and just looking at HIM in awe. Yes he is a HIM and he's palamino too. We got what we wanted !! Yeah! We've been out playing with him and he loves to be scratched and so far is very friendly.
And he's doing great even with all this lovely rainy weather we are having. Running and bucking around the corral.

Rita and Tucker making friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment