CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome Kash



We are so excited to have Kash here.  I ended up working Sunday and by the end of the shift the contractions had started.  For so long I had wondered if what I was having before was contractions, but these were regular and seemed pretty obvious.  So I headed down to labor and delivery to see what their thoughts were on it.  I ended up being in labor and at 3:35 Kash was born.  The first epidural didn't and I may be a wimp, but thank heavens the second one did.  I guess if I had some other form of pain medicine I might have been ok, but holy cow those contractions hurt when I was waiting to see if it was working.  The second epidural was bliss and everything was much better then. 


He was 8 lb. 9 oz. and 21 inches long.  So as far as weight literally almost twice as big as Kalli was.  Maybe it was from him being my second or I'm not sure, but it was a little more tender of a recovery than it was with Kalli.  He's four weeks old today and I think we are finally figuring things out together.  Kalli loves her little brother and is always wanting to feel his hair and touch his face and tries to give him his pacifier all the time, whether he's sleeping or not.  She finally isn't stealing his anymore, well not that much, but she has seemed to find comfort in her thumb and has started sucking it.  Grrr.  Never before really ever did, guess it's her little thing since she has to have the attention shared now. We've given in a little and let her keep on of the pacifiers around thinking it will be easier to take that away than to chop off her thumb. 

He's a cutie with lots of dark brown hair, opposite of all Kalli's blonde hair that she was born with.  When he finally goes to sleep at night he sleeps pretty good, but half the time he won't lay down so we have to figure something else out and he's ended up sleeping on our chests a bunch as we fall asleep trying to get him to sleep.  We are so excited he's here and safe and healthy and that we got to come right home with him.  Yeah! 

Kalli loves him bunches and is so funny.  She likes to make the sound he does when he eats and always goes up in his face saying Hi!

1 comment:

  1. Such cuties! Kate was sitting here with me looking at your post and she said "Oh, it's Kalli, Mommy! And she's holding her widdo brudder!" Congrats on baby Kash, he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete